Thursday, November 15, 2007

A half-second behind

You ever have that feeling that reality is about a second ahead of your consciousness, and that even the words you speak or type are a bit of a surprise to hear coming out of your mouth, since you've not yet had a chance to put voice to those words? When I'm really paying attention, it's like my limbic system and everything external is already decided half a second ahead of my actual consciousness--like, by the time I've consciously decided to put that double-em-dash earlier in this sentence, I've already heard the sound of my fingers hitting the keys. it's like how your hand will drop the hot potato before your fingers even make the report to mister Brain - hey, this shit is fuckin' HOT! So, what's the point of making decisions, if they're already made?

Again, maybe instead, I'm just nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home