Monday, June 07, 2004

I'm like, really nice...really!

Hello, my name is chris, and a personals-site-aholic. Occasionally I shop the competition, but jaysus it's sad reading the women's profiles. I'll click on a photo of a gal who is atrractive but not in that (cue loretta lynn) "I'm proud to be a frat boy's consort" way and the fun begins.

May I editorialize for a moment, ladies?

1)Please don't tell us what your friends say about you. "My friends say I'm..."--allow me to fill in the blank--dependent upon other people's opinion of yourself?
2)"I'm funny, honest, and really nice"...I'm sure you are, but seriously (oh, fuck, isn't that a Phil Collins album?), if someone were setting you up on a blind date and described said date thusly, wouldn't you feel underwhelmed?
3)*EVERY*FUCKING*AD* says, quote, "I'm looking for a guy with a sense of humor". Everyone has one, it's just that some people have a shitty wit. If you really mean, "I'd like a guy who can make me laugh, not make me feel stupid with esoteric references to the geek obsession of his choice, be playful enough to make me feel wanted, but not take practical jokes to the point that I'm in pain or embarrassed," say it! Say something different, fer chrissakes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home